goingoutside.comPublic Lands

Public Lands > West Virginia > Cass Railroad State Park



Cass Railroad State Park

Custom Search
 Is it possible to camp in a caboose at Cass? Says Elizabeth Gillette

There are 57 ski trails to choose from and 14 lifts at the close by ski area Snowshoe. Snowshoe gets on average 15 feet of beautiful snow per winter and has a great 1,500-foot altitude difference. Snowshoe is a great ski area, everyone enjoys it. 77% of the ski trails are blue and green and appropriate for little ones and beginners. The rest of the 224 acres of skiing territory, 23%, consists of hard ski trails. Here's loads of natural loveliness; it's a place that is popular with
    folks from far and near. Odey Run is a wonderful place to have a look at, and whitewater paddling is not for everyone but if it's for you then, we recommend Cheat River - Shavers Fork. The loveliness of Cass Railroad State Park is there for you to love.
There are a lot of fun
things to do to satisfy everyone. Don't forget to take a good little tour to Black Run, and if you're interested in hydro structures, you can explore Shavers Lake Dam. 

Detailed Map

Contact Info
contact info
Phone, Email, Address, GPS coordinates

Campgrounds Nearby
List of Nearby Campgrounds

Local weather forecast

These outdoors activities are available in and near Cass Railroad State Park.
 Lakes in and near Cass Railroad State Park
Lake Sam Hill, Pocahontas County, 10 miles away
 Campgrounds in and near Cass Railroad State Park
Whittaker Campground, Cass, 3 miles away
Seven Mile Campground, Pocahontas County, 8 miles away
Becky Creek Wildlife Management Area, Huttonsville, 9 miles away
Bird Run Campground, Pocahontas County, 11 miles away
Tygart Valley Campground, Huttonsville, 12 miles away
 Public Lands in and near Cass Railroad State Park
Seneca State Forest, West Virginia, 8 miles away
Monongahela National Forest, West Virginia, 12 miles away
Watoga State Park, West Virginia, 24 miles away
 Whitewater Rivers in and near Cass Railroad State Park
Cheat River - Shavers Fork, Pocahontas / Randolph County , 2 miles away, Class I-II - 17.4 miles long (Spruce to US Route 250)
Greenbrier River, Pocahontas County , 3 miles away, Class I-II - 10 miles long (Cass to Clover Lick)
Greenbrier River, Pocahontas County , 4 miles away, Class I-II - 8.3 miles long (Hosterman to Cass)
 Hotels near Cass Railroad State Park
Super 8 Elkins, Elkins , 23 miles away
Hampton Inn Elkins, Elkins , 25 miles away
The Omni Homestead Resort, Hot Springs , 25 miles away
Iron Road Inn, Elkins , 26 miles away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites ELKINS, Elkins , 26 miles away
 Ski Areas near Cass Railroad State Park
Snowshoe, West Virginia , 4 miles away, 1500 foot drop, 14 lifts, 57 runs
The Homestead, Virginia , 27 miles away, 700 foot drop, 5 lifts, 9 runs

Copyright © Stratus-Pikpuk, Inc.