goingoutside.comLakes

US Lakes > Maryland > Garrett County > Lake Koshare

        
Custom Search
   

Lake Koshare

 
  There are 12 different ski lifts at Wisp, a ski area boasting a tremendous 700-foot vertical drop and 32 trails. Wisp gets blanketed by an average of 8 feet of fluffy snow every year. Wisp is a tremendous ski area, everyone loves it. 69% of the trails are green and blue and appropriate for young ones and learners. The rest of the 132 acres of skiable terrain, 31%, consists of red and black trails. The Below Browning Dam to eddy right above Muddy Creek Falls
    section has a distance of 3.7 miles; you come across this segment of whitewater on Muddy Creek. It's a class III segment. It can be said that this segment of Muddy Creek is a location for fun whitewater paddling.
 


Be the first to submit input for Lake Koshare.
If you have info on Lake Koshare, Garrett County, Maryland please submit it here to improve this web site.





      


 

OUTDOORS_GUIDE
These outdoors activities are available near Lake Koshare.
 Lakes Near Lake Koshare:
Deep Creek Lake, Garrett County, 6 miles away
Mount Storm Lake, Grant County, 19 miles away
 Public Lands Near Lake Koshare:
Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia, 19 miles away
Tygart Lake State Park, West Virginia, 40 miles away
 Marinas On or Near Lake Koshare:
Deep Creek Marina, Mc Henry, 9 miles away
Yough Lake Marina, Addison, 16 miles away
 Campgrounds Near Lake Koshare:
Swallow Falls State Park, Oakland, 1 miles away
Camp Sunrise Mountain, Friendsville, 11 miles away
Bumble Bee Recreational Vehicle Park & Campground, Accident, 11 miles away
Deep Creek Lake State Park, Swanton, 12 miles away
 Hotels Near Lake Koshare:
Wisp Resort, McHenry, 8 miles away
Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, McHenry, 9 miles away
Inn At Deep Creek, Oakland, 10 miles away
The Preston County Inn, Kingwood, 15 miles away
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills, Owings Mills, 23 miles away
 Ski Areas Near Lake Koshare:
Wisp, Maryland, 9 miles away
      700 foot drop, 12 lifts, 32 runs
Timberline, West Virginia, 23 miles away
      1000 foot drop, 4 lifts, 37 runs
Canaan Valley, West Virginia, 24 miles away
      850 foot drop, 4 lifts, 34 runs
 Whitewater Near Lake Koshare:
Muddy Creek, Garrett County, 3 miles away
      Class III - 3.7 miles long (Below Browning Dam to eddy right above Muddy Creek Falls)
Youghiogheny River, Garrett County, 4 miles away
      Class IV-V - 3 miles long (Bridge above Swallow Falls to Deep Creek Power Plant)
Youghiogheny River, Garrett County, 4 miles away
      Class IV - 4 miles long (Tippy-Top)

Copyright © Stratus-Pikpuk, Inc.