goingoutside.comPublic Lands

Public Lands > Wisconsin > Rib Mountain State Park

MORE INFOFORM

     
   
 

Rib Mountain State Park

Custom Search
  Ski down the 74 trails of Granite Peak; this ski hill has a height difference of 700 feet. Granite Peak has 8 lifts and obtains on average 6 feet of white snow per year. Granite Peak is a good ski hill, everyone loves it. 65% of the trails are intermediate or beginner and appropriate for kids and beginners. The rest of the 275 acres of skiing area, 35%, consists of tough trails. Rib Mountain State Park in fact is in the middle of a beautiful outdoors paradise. Kennedy Creek is a stream that you may stumble upon while you're here. A swamp like Ninemile Swamp
    in the neighborhood of Rib Mountain State Park has lots of attention-grabbing things to see. There's some flowing water nearby, Little Brook is a stream you can pop by while here. Rib Mountain State Park is a good local campground, and a round of golf at nearby Wausau Country Club
is a good way to kill some time. If you need a site to stay Howard Johnson Inn and Conference Center is a glorious choice, and there are plenty of folks from Wausau here at Rib Mountain State Park. 

  Map
map
Detailed Map


Contact Info
contact info
Phone, Email, Address, GPS coordinates


Campgrounds Nearby
campgrounds
List of Nearby Campgrounds


Weather
weather
Local weather forecast


OUTDOORS_GUIDE
These outdoors activities are available in and near Rib Mountain State Park.
 Lakes in and near Rib Mountain State Park
Half Moon Lake, Marathon County, 6 miles away
Lake Du Bay, Portage County, 13 miles away
Nelson Lake, Lincoln County, 18 miles away
 Campgrounds in and near Rib Mountain State Park
Rib Mountain State Park, Wausau, 1 miles away
Marathon County Park, Wausau, 3 miles away
9 Mile County Forest, Mosinee, 3 miles away
Brookside Village, Schofield, 7 miles away
Lake Dubay Shores Campground, Mosinee, 11 miles away
 Public Lands in and near Rib Mountain State Park
Council Grounds State Park, Wisconsin, 13 miles away
 Whitewater Rivers in and near Rib Mountain State Park
Wisconsin River, Marathon County , 4 miles away, Class II-III - 0.35 miles long (Wausau Slalom Course)
Pine River, Lincoln County , 13 miles away, Class I-II - 2.2 miles long (Center Rd)
Trappe River, Marathon County , 16 miles away, Class I-II(III) - 5.1 miles long (to Rocky Ridge Road)
 Hotels near Rib Mountain State Park
Rib Mountain Inn, Wausau , 0 miles away
Quality Inn Wausau, Wausau , 1 miles away
Howard Johnson Inn And Conference Center, Wausau , 2 miles away
Courtyard Wausau, Wausau , 2 miles away
Hampton Inn Wausau, Wausau , 2 miles away
 Golf Courses near Rib Mountain State Park
Trapp River Golf Course, Wausau , 2 miles away
Wausau Country Club, Schofield , 5 miles away
 Ski Areas near Rib Mountain State Park
Granite Peak, Wisconsin , 0 miles away, 700 foot drop, 8 lifts, 74 runs

Copyright © Stratus-Pikpuk, Inc.