This lake is a gorgeous 8 square mile lake featuring a shoreline of 60 miles. Lake Candlewood is a fine spot for boating and fishing. Lake Candlewood has marinas.
Thunder Ridge is a tremendous ski hill, everybody enjoys it. 80% of the ski trails are blue and green and well suited for kids and learners. The rest of the 100 acres of skiing territory, 20%, consists of hard ski trails. The 30 ski trails at Thunder Ridge are all tremendous; the vertical
drop is 500 feet at this ski hill. Thunder Ridge gets blanketed by 8 feet of wonderful snow every season and has 4 lifts to move all the skiers up the slope.